Often a business is an owner’s largest asset, their most volatile asset, their most illiquid asset, the one asset they have most control of, and the asset that is most vulnerable to external factors. Everyone exits their business eventually, whether or not by choice. It makes sense, therefore, to be prepared for an eventual exit at all times.
If you are ready to begin planning your successful exit strategy, whether your personal choice is a six month, one year or five year horizon, thoughtful planning is the key to a financially strong, smooth business transition to a new owner. Our advisory services will help you develop and plan your exit strategy, including the critical steps to maximize the financial return for the years of hard work and capital you have invested in your business.
Planning an exit strategy will help you better prepare your business before entering the marketplace. Planning will also create a strategy designed for your needs. We will help you look at important issues in a sale and make necessary adjustments to achieve maximum value when you are ready to sell.
- Perform a confidential business review of what your business is worth today
- Work with you to understand your financial goals
- Identify the “value drivers” and “value detractors” of your business and strategies to enhance them
- Develop action plans to strengthen your company appeal
- Consult with your financial and legal advisors
- Create a timeline with periodic reviews